Kingdom Builder Family Life Center is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization
committed to helping those in need in El Paso and Teller counties by
providing physical, spiritual, and emotional support through a variety of
educational, counseling, and outreach services.
Theory of Change
We believe that if we provide youth with relevant services and programs, meaningful engagement with caring adults, and opportunities to practice leadership—they will become change agents and contributors to a healthy, thriving community.
This formula for change maintains that healthy, involved people can influence policy and ultimately create healthier, safer, and economically robust communities. It recognizes that youth are inherently resilient and that risk can be reduced with the right set of supports, services and opportunities.
KBFLC Guiding Principles:
I. To promote the dignity and self-worth of individuals by promoting self-help.
II. To practice and encourage good stewardship of and accountability for all of the resources entrusted to us.
III. To foster individual growth among staff, volunteers, donors and program participants.
IV. To live out and promote the Gospel of Jesus Christ through all of our actions.
V. To foster open, honest and effective communication both inside and outside the organization.
VI. To involve the El Paso and Teller county residents at all social and economic levels in developing a solution to poverty.
The Principles by Which We Operate:
Galatians 6:2 “Bear ye one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.”
We commit to make a positive and lasting difference in the lives of those we serve.
1 Corinthians 12:12 “The body is a unit, though it is made up of many parts; and though all its parts are many, they form one body. So it is with Christ.”
Keys to Success
- Build a strong, active Board of Trustees.
- Ensure that the offered services satisfy market needs.
- Design and implement strict financial controls and accountability.
- Secure sufficient funding.
- Create an Educational and Mentorship Program for youth 11-17, Life skills training for women and men ages 18-24, Adult Education programs offer GED preparation assistance, literacy instruction, job readiness, vocational and college testing to individuals’ ages 17-35 years of age.
- Provide Family Restoration services including transitional housing and safe house, housing and Home repair assistance on an emergency basis, emergency assistance and outreach services, and a Christian charter school for children K-12.
- Develop a strong Board of Trustees that can offer guidance, help with fundraising efforts, and oversee the smooth operation of the organization.